Elizabeth Herta Marta Viedt
F, #9452, b. 31 January 1928, d. 23 May 2011
|Married Name||Her married name was Tidball.|
|Birth*||31 January 1928||Elizabeth Herta Marta Viedt was born on 31 January 1928 at Kaiserslautern, Germany.1|
|Marriage*||30 December 1959||She married Lawrence Edwin Tidball, son of Richard Council Tidball and Claudine Hazel Lamb, on 30 December 1959 at Kaiserlautern, Germany. |
"lizabeth had three children when she married Lawrence; he did not adopt the children."
|Death*||23 May 2011||Elizabeth Herta Marta Viedt died on 23 May 2011 at Saratoga Hospital, Saratoga Springs, New York, at age 83.1|
|Lawrence Edwin Tidball b. 3 Jul 1936, d. 22 Aug 2014|
Elmer Virgil Mabie1
M, #9455, b. 21 September 1918, d. 4 January 1983
|Father*||George William Mabie2 b. 29 Mar 1890, d. 10 Nov 1968|
|Mother*||Hazel Emma Brizzie2 b. 7 Feb 1896, d. 12 Nov 1992|
|Birth*||21 September 1918||Elmer Virgil Mabie was born on 21 September 1918 at Red Hook, Dutchess County, New York.3,1|
|(Witness) Census||7 January 1920||Elmer Virgil Mabie appeared on the census of 7 January 1920 in the household of George William Mabie and Hazel Emma Brizzie at Rhinebeck Township, Dutchess County, New York,|
; George Maby, Head, M, W, 29, M, New York, New York, New York, Handiman, Farm
Hazel Maby, Wife, F, W, 23, M, New York, New York, New York
Woodrow Maby, Son, M, W, 6, S, New York, New York, New York
Mildred Maby, Daughter, F, W, 4yr 7mo, S, New York, New York, New York
Elinore Maby, Daughter, F, W, 2yr 8mo, S, New York, New York, New York
Elmer Maby, Son, M, W, 1yr 9mo, S, New York, New York, New York.2
|(Witness) Census||7 April 1930||Elmer Virgil Mabie appeared on the census of 7 April 1930 in the household of George William Mabie and Hazel Emma Brizzie at State Road, Clermont Township, Columbia County, New York,|
; George Maybe, Head, M, W, 40, M, 21, New York, New York, New York, Laborer, Fruit Farm
Hazel Maybe, Wife, F, W, 34, M, 16, New York, New York, New York
Woodrow Maybe, Son, M, W, 17, S, New York, New York, New York
Mildred Maybe, Daughter, F, W, 15, S, New York, New York, New York, attending school
Ealnor Maybe, Daughter, F, W, 13, S, New York, New York, New York
Elmer Maybe, Son, M, W, 11, S, New York, New York, New York, attending school
William Maybe, Son, M, W, 5, S, New York, New York, New York
Robert Maybe, Son, M, W, 1 11/12, S, New York, New York, New York
Royden Maybe, Son, M, W, 2/12, S, New York, New York, New York.4
|Census*||23 April 1940||Elmer Virgil Mabie appeared on the census of 23 April 1940 at West Market Street, Red Hook, Dutchess County, New York. |
Virgil Brizzie, Head, M, W, 71, M, completed 5 years school, born in New York, other income
Minnie Brizzie, Wife, F, W, 63, M, completed 5 years school, born in New York
Elmer Mabie, Grandson, M, W, 21S, completed 8 years school, born in, residence 1 April 1935 was Clermont, Columbia, New York, Laborer, building construction, wages earned in 1939 - $450 for 40 weeks.5
|WW2YA*||16 October 1940||On 16 October 1940, Elmer Virgil Mabie, Red Hook, Dutchess, NY, born 21 Sep 1918 in Red Hook, Dutchess Co, registered for the draft. He was employed by Steven Werner, Truckman, Clermont. The person who would always know his address was his grandmother, Mrs Virgil Brazzie, Red Hook. He was White, 5' 8", 150 pounds, had blue eyes, brown hair, and a light brown complexion.6|
|Marriage*||13 June 1942||He married Olga Sopok on 13 June 1942 at Saint Patrick Catholic Church, Fayetteville, North Carolina. |
"Elmer Mabie, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Mabie, Elizaville, who is in service and now stationed at Fort Bragg, N. C., was united in marriage to Miss Olga Sopok of West Taghkanic."7,8
|Census||5 April 1950||Elmer Virgil Mabie and Olga Mabie appeared on the census of 5 April 1950 at Farm, Taghkanic, Columbia County, New York. |
Stephen Sopok, Head, White, Male, 24, never married, born in US, Mechanic, Case Tractor Co.
Sam Sopok, Brother, White, Male, 21, never married, born in US, Mechanic, Case Tractor Co.
Olga Mabie, Sister, White, Female, 30, Married, born in US, parents born in Ukraine, completed 8th grade
Elmer Mabie, Husband of Sister, White, Male, 31, Married, born in US, Bus Driver, Twilight Busses.9
|(Witness) oObit||11 November 1968||Elmer Virgil Mabie was mentioned in the obituary of George William Mabie on 11 November 1968 at Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New York; George W. Mabie, 78, Upper Red Hook, died this morning in Rhinebeck. Born in Rhinecliff March 29, 1890, son of Monroe & Gertrude Chruchill Mabie. Survived by wife Hazel Brizzie; sons Woodrow, Belmont; Elmer & William both Red Hook; Robert & Roydon, both Elizaville; 2 daus, Mildred Scism, Red Hook, and Marion Dodge, Germantown; 2 half bros, Earl Day, East Park, and Dorall Mann, Maine; half sister Anna Spring, Staatsburg; 16 grandchildren.10|
|Death*||4 January 1983||Elmer Virgil Mabie died on 4 January 1983 at Rhinebeck, Dutchess County, New York, at age 64.11|
|oObit*||13 January 1983|| On 13 January 1983 at Pine Plains, New York, the obituary of Elmer Virgil Mabie read: Elmer V. Mabie, 64, of 31 Linden Ave., Red Hook, died Jan. 4 at Northern Dutchess Hospital, Rhinebeck. Mr. Mabie was a retired carpenter with Local 203, Poughkeepsie. Mr. Mabie was born in Red Hook on Sept. 21, 1918, the son of George and Hazel Brizzie Mabie. He was a member of the Red Hook- Rhinebeck Elks Lodge no. 2022, and, served with the Army 503rd Parachute Infantry during World War II. He was married to the former Olga Sopok, who survives.|
In addition to his mother in Germantown and his wife, Mr. Mabie is survived by two sons, Elmer D. Mabie of Chestertown and Thomas S. Mabie of Red Hook; four brothers, Woodrow Mabie, Robert Mabie, and Royden Mabie, all of Elizaville and William Mabie of Germantown; two sisters, Mrs. Marion Dodge of Pine Plains and Mrs. Mildred Seism of Red Hook; an aunt and several nieces, nephews ans cousins.
The Red Hook-Rhinebeck Elks Lodge had a service Jan. 7; Services were Saturday at the Anderson Funeral Home with the Rev. Keith Hedrick officiating. Burial will be in the West Taghkanic Cemetery.3
|Burial||He was buried at West Taghkanic Methodist Church Cemetery, Taghkanic, Columbia County, New York.3|
|Olga Sopok b. 29 May 1920, d. 1 Jun 1992|
- [S1] Ancestry.com, New York State, Birth Index, 1881-1942.
- [S304] 1920 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Rhinebeck Twp, Dutchess, New York; Roll: T625_1098; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 73; Image: 1073.
- [S439] Old Fulton NY Post Card Website, online fultonhistory.com/Fulton_New_form.html, obit in Pine Planes NY Register Herald, Thursday. January 13, 1983.
- [S303] 1930 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Clermont Twp, Columbia, New York; Roll: 1417; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 12; Image: 689.
- [S456] 1940 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Red Hook, Dutchess, New York, Roll T627-2525, Page 5B, ED 14-96.
- [S511] U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947, online https://www.fold3.com/
- [S439] Old Fulton NY Post Card Website, online fultonhistory.com/Fulton_New_form.html, Pine Planes NY Register Herald, JUNE 18, 1942.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, North Carolina, Marriage Records, 1741-2011.
- [S551] 1950 United States Census, online https://1950census.archives.gov/, Taghkanic, Columbia, New York, ED 11-62, Dwelling 63.
- [S381] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Find A Grave Memorial# 74595158 - obit in Poughkeepsie Journal, 11 Nov 1968.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010.
Clarence Richard Saunders1
M, #9473, b. 8 May 1927, d. 10 November 1995
|Birth*||8 May 1927||Clarence Richard Saunders was born on 8 May 1927 at Candler, Marion County, Florida, son of Henry P Sanders and Alice R Skidmore.2,3|
|Marriage*||19 February 1947||He married Betty Ellen Lamb, daughter of Waldo Bartlett Lamb and Hannah Ellen Davidson, on 19 February 1947 at Belleview, Marion County, Florida.1|
|Death*||10 November 1995||Clarence Richard Saunders died on 10 November 1995 at Neptune Beach, Duval County, Florida, at age 68.4|
|Burial*||He was buried at Beaches Memorial Park, Atlantic Beach, Duval County, Florida.2|
|Betty Ellen Lamb|
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Florida, County Marriage Records, 1823-1982.
- [S381] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Memorial ID 9782075.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and Florida Death Index, 1877-1998.