John Albert Ourth
M, #14625, b. 10 October 1941, d. 10 December 2007
|Birth*||10 October 1941||John Albert Ourth was born on 10 October 1941 at Nauvoo, Illinois.1|
|Marriage*||26 December 1976||He married Susan Joan Mabie, daughter of Harvey Edward Mabie and Grace Dorothy Irmis, on 26 December 1976 at Itasca, Illinois.1|
|Death*||10 December 2007||John Albert Ourth died on 10 December 2007 at Dallas City, Hancock County, Illinois, at age 66.2|
|Susan Joan Mabie|
George Peter Boekhoff
M, #14627, b. 17 May 1917, d. 21 November 1988
|Birth*||17 May 1917||George Peter Boekhoff was born on 17 May 1917 at New York City, New York, son of George P Boekhoff and Helena E Robinson.1|
|Marriage*||22 April 1960||He married Venelia Lillian Mabie, daughter of Carl Floyd Mabie and Elinor Fredricka Harvey, on 22 April 1960 at Westchester, Cook County, Illinois.2,3|
|Death*||21 November 1988||George Peter Boekhoff died on 21 November 1988 at Friendship, Adams County, Wisconsin, at age 71.4|
|Burial*||He and Venelia Lillian Mabie were buried at Mount Repose Cemetery, Friendship, Adams County, Wisconsin.5|
|Venelia Lillian Mabie b. 20 Aug 1916, d. 27 Jan 1992|
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007.
- [S123] Descendants of William and Sophia Scripture Mabie.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Index, 1930-1960.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and Wisconsin Death Index, 1959-1997 Record.
- [S381] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Find A Grave Memorial# 144424369.
M, #14636, b. 30 August 1948, d. 22 January 2013
|Name Variation||Roger Lofstrom was also known as Lafstrom.|
|Birth*||30 August 1948||He was born on 30 August 1948.1|
|Marriage*||4 July 1992||He married Rebecca Jean Webster, daughter of James Lawrence Webster and Myra Ruth Mabie, on 4 July 1992.2|
|Death*||22 January 2013||Roger Lofstrom died on 22 January 2013 at Fort Plain, Albany County, New York, at age 64.3|
|Rebecca Jean Webster|
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and U.S. Public Records Index.
- [S123] Descendants of William and Sophia Scripture Mabie.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/ssdi/, and United States Obituary Collection.
Charles Rupert Bateman
M, #14638, b. 25 December 1884, d. 26 November 1919
|Father*||Thomas Major Bateman1 b. 21 Apr 1855|
|Mother*||Minerva Jane Robinson1 b. Oct 1856|
|Birth*||25 December 1884||Charles Rupert Bateman was born on 25 December 1884 at Madoc Township, Hastings County, Ontario, Canada, son of Thomas Major Bateman and Minerva Jane Robinson.1,2|
|Marriage*||4 November 1908||He married Laura Maybee, daughter of Joseph William Maybee and Eliza Jane Morton, on 4 November 1908 at Empey, Hastings County, Ontario, Canada. |
"Charles Rupert Bateman, 23, a farmer of Marmora, son of Thomas Might Bateman and M Jane Robinson; and Laura Maybee, 18, of Marmora, daughter of Joseph Maybee and Elza Jane Morton; were married on 4 Nov 1908 at Empey, Hastings County, Ontario."3
|Death*||26 November 1919||Charles Rupert Bateman died on 26 November 1919 at Marmora Township, Hastings County, Ontario, Canada, at age 34.2|
|Laura Maybee b. c 1890|
- [S187] 1901 Canadian Census, online http://automatedgenealogy.com/, Madoc, Hastings (North/Nord), Ontario. Page 16, Family No: 168.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Ontario, Canada, Deaths and Deaths Overseas, 1869-1948.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1801-1930.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Ontario, Canada Births, 1832-1914.
- [S483] 1921 Canadian Census, online ancestry.com, RG 31; Folder Number: 64; Census Place: 64, Hastings West, Ontario; Page Number: 2.
William K. Van Meer1
M, #14639, b. 24 September 1813, d. 16 April 1897
|Birth*||24 September 1813||William K. Van Meer was born on 24 September 1813 at Hamilton Township, Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada, William K VanMeer's parents were Jane Foster and Simon VanMeer.1,2|
|Marriage*||circa 1841||He married Sarah Ann Maybee, daughter of (?) Maybee and Maria Crouter, circa 1841 at Cannington, Ontario County, Ontario, Canada.3,4|
|Census*||1852||William K. Van Meer and Sarah Ann Maybee appeared on the census of 1852 at Fenelon Township, Victoria County, Ontario, Canada. |
Wm Van Meer, Farmer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 35, Male
Sarah Ann Van Meer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 29, Female
Edward Van Meer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 9, Male
Emily Van Meer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 8, Female
Almyra Van Meer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 6, Female
Cynthia Van Meer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 5, Female
Amanda Van Meer, born in Canada West, E. Methodist, 3, Female.5
|Census||19 August 1870||William K. Van Meer and Sarah Ann Maybee appeared on the census of 19 August 1870 at Greenville Post Office, Pierson Township, Montcalm County, Michigan. |
Wm Vanmeer, 55, M, W, Farmer, $1200 real estate, $600 personal estate, born in Canada
Sarah Vanmeer, 48, F, W, Keeping House, born in Canada
Wm Vanmeer, 15, M, W, works on farm, born in Canada, attending school
Margaret Vanmeer, 15, F, W, born in Canada, attending school
Maryette Vanmeer, 11, F, W, born in Canada, attending school
Alvina Vanmeer, 9, F, W, born in Canada, attending school
James Vanmeer, 7, M, W, born in Canada, attending school
Sarah Vanmeer, 5, F, W, born in Michigan, attending school.6
|Death*||16 April 1897||William K. Van Meer died on 16 April 1897 at Polk County, Oregon, at age 83.1|
|Burial*||He and Sarah Ann Maybee were buried at Hilltop Cemetery, Independence, Polk County, Oregon. Inscription "Wm K VanMeer died Apr 16, 1897 aged 81 Ys 6M 22D|
Sarah Ann his wife died Oct 6, 1897 aged 75 Ys 4M 22D.7,8 "
|oObit*||1918||In 1918 the obituary of William K. Van Meer read: William Van Meer, the father of Doctor Van Meer, was born four miles from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and was reared at Hamilton, where he secured a public school education. He was married at Cannington, Township of Brock, and there followed farming and the blacksmith trade, which he had learned from his father, continuing to be a resident of Canada until 1864. On first coming to the United States, Mr. Van Meer located in Montcalm County, Michigan, where he followed farming and blacksmithing for many years, but in 1891 went to Salem, Oregon, where some of his children were living and retired from active life. His death occurred at that place in 1906. Mr. Van Meer was a republican and a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Like his father, he was skilled as a mechanic, and while he did not possess the elder man's versatility was an excellent workman in whatever he undertook to do. He was a good citizen and a man whose integrity was well known in the communities in which he resided. Mr. Van Meer married Miss Sarah Anna Maybee, who was born in 1822, at Cannington, Canada, and died near Salem, Oregon, in 1906, and they became the parents of the following children: Elizabeth, who died at Maple Hill, Montcalm County, Michigan, as the wife of the late Edmond Shipman, who was a farmer; Emily, who is the wife of Thomas Wilson, a farmer of the vicinity of New Ego, Michigan; Elmira, who died at Clam Lake, Michigan, north of Grand Rapids, as the wife of the late Sam Johnson, who was a farmer; Edward, who is prominent in the political and official life of the city of Seattle, Washington; Cynthia, deceased, who was the wife of the late Robert Houston, who was first a sailor and later a farmer of Montcalm, Michigan; Amanda, who died at Clam Lake, Michigan, as the wife of the late Dan Kaiser, who was a farmer; Martha, who was married three times and died in Oregon; William Henry, of this notice; a son who died in infancy; Melisa, who was twice married and died near Chicago, Illinois; Marietta, who married a Mr. Sphink, a contractor near Grand Island, Nebraska; and Minnie, who has been twice married and now lives at Salem, Oregon.9|
|Sarah Ann Maybee b. 3 Jun 1818, d. 6 Oct 1897|
- [S241] Emails from Barbara Millar, A Standard History of Kansas http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/archives/1918ks/biov/… and records of Hilltop Cemetery Independence Polk Oregon.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, from Christopher Evans, Dec 19, 2019.
- [S241] Emails from Barbara Millar, A Standard History of Kansas http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/archives/1918ks/biov/…
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Ancestry Member Trees, Stephanie Schulman MacDonald.
- [S414] 1851 Canadian Census, online ancestry.com, Fenelon, Victoria County, Canada West (Ontario); Schedule: A; Roll: C_11753; Page: 21; Line: 37.
- [S99] 1870 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Pierson, Montcalm, Michigan; Roll: M593_692; Page: 151B; Family History Library Film: 552191.
- [S241] Emails from Barbara Millar, records of Hilltop Cemetery Independence Polk Oregon.
- [S381] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Memorial IDs 130341318 & 60609019.
- [S241] Emails from Barbara Millar, "A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans", written & compiled by William E. Connelley, Secretary of the Kansas State Historical Society, Topeka. Chicago: Lewis Publishing Company, copyright 1918 http://www.ksgenweb.org/archives/1918ks/biov/vanmeewh.html