Glen Miller Mabey1
M, #34864, b. 5 February 1927, d. 4 November 2014
|Adoptive father*||Albert Mabey1 b. 4 Feb 1878, d. 12 Jun 1964|
|Adoptive mother*||Aileen Irvine1 b. 19 May 1883, d. 27 Mar 1953|
|Name Variation||Glen Miller Mabey was also known as Nusink.|
|Birth*||5 February 1927||He was born on 5 February 1927 at Provo, Utah County, Utah, birth parents were John James Nusink (b. 23 Sep 1887, Arnhem, Netherlands - d. 1 Oct 1956, Provo, Utah) and Daisy Irvine (Aileen's sister b.15 Sep 1885, Salt Lake City - d. 18 May 1949, Provo, Utah.)1,2)|
|(Witness) Census||3 April 1930||Glen Miller Mabey appeared on the census of 3 April 1930 in the household of Albert Mabey and Aileen Irvine at 159 Second North Street, Provo, Utah County, Utah,|
; Albert Mabey, Head, owns home worth $8000, M, W, 52, M, age at first marriage 28, Utah, England, Utah, Salesman, Brushes
Aileen Mabey, Wife, W, F, 46, M, age at first marriage 24, Utah, Scotland, Scotland
Irvine A Mabey, Son, M, W, 21, S, Utah, Utah, Utah,
Phyllis Mabey, Daughter, F, W, 15, S, Utah, Utah, Utah
Glen Nusink, Nephew, M, W, 3 2/12, Utah, Holland, Utah.3
|(Witness) Census||12 April 1940||Glen Miller Mabey appeared on the census of 12 April 1940 in the household of Albert Mabey and Aileen Irvine at 1120A Pearl Street, Anaheim, Orange County, California,|
; Albert Mabey, Head, M, W, 62, M, completed 8 years of school, born in Utah, residence 1 April 1935 was Provo, Utah, Utah, Salesman, Brushes
Aileen Mabey, Wife, W, F, 60, M, completed 8 years of school, born in Utah, residence 1 April 1935 was Provo, Utah, Utah
Glen Mabey, Son, W, M, 13, S, attending school, completed 7 years of school, born in Utah, residence 1 April 1935 was Provo, Utah, Utah.4
|MilService*||from 1 August 1945 to 29 June 1946||Glenn Miller Mabey (aka Glen Miller Nusink) enlisted in the Navy on 1 Aug 1945 at Provo, Utah. His Mother was Daisy I Nusink, 278 N. University Ave, Provo His Foster mother & father were Albert and Aileen Mabey, 159 E. 2nd No, Provo.|
He was discharged from the Navy on 29 Jun 1946 at San Pedro, California as an AR3, ser 660 98 68.1
|Death*||4 November 2014||Glen Miller Mabey died on 4 November 2014 at Orem, Utah County, Utah, at age 87.5|
|oObit*||9 November 2014|| On 9 November 2014 at Provo, Utah, Glen's obituary read: Glen Miller Mabey, age 87, passed away November 4th 2014 at his home in Orem. He was born February 5th 1927 in Provo to John James Nusink and Daisy Irvine. Due to his mothers poor health, Glen was raised by his uncle and aunt, Albert Mabey and Aileen Nusink Mabey. He attended schools in Provo, graduating from Provo High. During WWII he enlisted in the U.S. Navy where he served as a Radioman/Gunner on various aircraft. He attended Brigham Young University in Provo, where he studied accounting. He married Shirley Bullock of Provo and they had one son. They were later divorced. He had an accounting business in Provo for over 50 years.|
He is survived by his son: Michael Green (Debi), three grandchildren: Lyndsey Green, Christopher Green (Allison), Marissa Perry, (Richard), honorary granddaughter: Alta Harr, and two great-grandchildren: Eleanor and Adeline Green.
A viewing will be held on Monday, November 10 at the Berg Mortuary 185 East Center St. Provo, from 1:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m., with the funeral at 2:00 p.m. Interment will be at the Provo City Cemetery.5
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Utah, Military Records, 1861-1970 about Glenn Miller Nusink; also about Glenn Miller Mabey.
- [S382] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Find A Grave Memorials 83458371 & 83458329 for birth parents also Utah, Military Records, 1861-1970 about Glenn Miller Nusink.
- [S303] 1930 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Provo, Utah, Utah, Roll 2423, Page 2A, ED 48, Image 816.
- [S458] 1940 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Anaheim, Orange, California, Roll T627-271, Page 7B, ED 30-4.
- [S442] Google Alerts from Kim Mabee MS# 78 : obit in Daily Herald, Provo, Utah, November 09, 2014.
Russ R Lloyd1
M, #34868, b. 30 September 1910, d. 30 December 1989
|Birth*||30 September 1910||Russ R Lloyd was born on 30 September 1910 at West Virginia.2|
|Marriage*||5 December 1947||He married Kathleen Mabey, daughter of Joseph Lamoni Mabey and Margaret Payne, on 5 December 1947 at Clearfield, Davis County, Utah. |
"A home wedding united in marriage Kathleen Mabey, daughter of Joseph L. Mabey, Sr, Clearfield, and Russ R. Lloyd, son of Mrs C. H. Lloyd, Mill Creek, West Va. The ceremony, which took place Friday evening, Dec. 5, was performed by the bride's father."3,4
|Death*||30 December 1989||Russ R Lloyd died on 30 December 1989 at Mill Valley, Marin County, California, at age 79.2|
|Kathleen Mabey b. 3 May 1919|
- [S1] Ancestry.com, and California, Death Index, 1940-1997.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/, and California, Death Index, 1940-1997.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Web: Western States Marriage Index, 1809-2011.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, The Ogden Standard-Examiner, pg 12C, Sunday, 21 Dec 1947.
Ida Frances Bridgeman1
F, #34878, b. 24 January 1872, d. 23 January 1957
|Married Name||Her married name was Lanier.|
|Married Name||Her married name was Spaulding.|
|Married Name||Her married name was Mabee.1|
|Birth*||24 January 1872||Ida Frances Bridgeman was born on 24 January 1872 at Dinwiddie County, Virginia, daughter of Edward[Ned] Bridgeman and Cecilla Ann Sturdivent.1|
|Marriage*||circa 1927||She married Edward James Mabee, son of Theodore Mabee and Rebecca S. Martin, circa 1927.2|
|Census*||17 April 1930||Ida Frances Bridgeman and Edward James Mabee appeared on the census of 17 April 1930 at 1308 Washington Street, Petersburg, Virginia. |
Edward Mabee, Head, M, W, 70, M, age at first marriage 67, New York, New York, New York, Laborer, Carnival
Ida F Mabee, Wife, F, W, 58, M, age at first marriage 54, Virginia, Virginia, Virginia, Laborer, Parts Factory
Luther M Lanier, Son, M, W, 32, S, Virginia, Virginia, Virginia, Salesman, Retail Grocery Store.2
|Census*||6 April 1940||Ida Frances Bridgeman appeared on the census of 6 April 1940 at 316 West Street, Petersburg, Virginia. |
Almond W Lanier, Head, M, W, 47, M, completed 5 years of school, born in Virginia, Inspector, Truck Factory, earned $832 in 1939
Ruth A Lanier, Wife, W, F, 44, M, completed 7years of school, born in Virginia, Operator Sewing Machine, Garment Co, earned $624 in 1939
Christine Lanier, Daughter, W, F, 13, S, attending school, completed 7years of school, born in Virginia
Martha A Elmore, Mother [of wife], W, F, 76, Wd, completed 7years of school, born in Virginia, Retired
Ida Mabee, Mother-in-law [of wife], W, F, 68, Wd, completed 7years of school, born in Virginia, Operator Sewing Machine, Pants Factory, earned $300 in 1939 for 40 weeks
Luther N Lanier, Brother-in-law [of wife], W, M, 41, S, completed 6years of school, born in Virginia, new worker.3
|Death*||23 January 1957||She died on 23 January 1957 at 146 Roanoke Avenue, Colonial Heights, Chesterfield County, Virginia, at age 84.1|
|Burial*||She was buried at Blandford Cemetery, Petersburg, Virginia.1,4|
|Edward James Mabee b. Jul 1859, d. c 1933|
- [S54] Standard Certificate of Death, State of Montana : Certificate of Death, Commonwealth of Virginia, #102, District 1205.
- [S303] 1930 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Petersburg, Petersburg (Independent City), Virginia, Roll 2473, Pages 16A&B, ED 17, Image 423&24.
- [S458] 1940 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Petersburg City, Virginia, Roll T627-4316, Page 6A, ED 115-15.
- [S382] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Find A Grave Memorial# 82845133.
Scott William Maybay1
M, #34880, b. 11 April 1963, d. 31 March 1980
|Father*||George William Maybay1|
|Mother*||Barbara Annette Bates1|
|Birth*||11 April 1963||Scott William Maybay was born on 11 April 1963 at Seattle, Washington, Scott William Maybay - Mr. and Mrs. George Maybay of Seattle, Wash., announce the arrival of their first child, Scott William, on April 11. The baby weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces. Paternal grandparents are Mr. and Mrs. Ross Maybay and the paternal great-grandmother is Mrs. Lucy Maybay of Utica.1|
|Death*||31 March 1980||He died on 31 March 1980 at Auburn, King County, Washington, at age 16.2|
|Burial*||He was buried at Enumclaw Evergreen Memorial Park, Enumclaw, King County, Washington.3|
- [S192] Information taken from the Internet by John MayBee #8 : http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/17332977 from The Chillicothe Constitution-Tribune, Chillicothe, Missouri, 30 April 1963, Page 1.
- [S2] Social SecurityDeath Index, online http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/, and Washington Death Index, 1940-1996.
- [S382] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Find A Grave Memorial# 83664674.
Freddy Darrel Broner1
M, #34887, b. 5 April 1938, d. 4 March 2006
|Birth*||5 April 1938||Freddy Darrel Broner was born on 5 April 1938 at Kimberley, Twin Falls County, Idaho, son of Troy Lee Broner and Flora Allen.1|
|Marriage*||4 September 1959||He married Edna Claire Mabey, daughter of Horton Edwin Mabey and Eva Amelia Smith, on 4 September 1959 at Twin Falls County, Idaho.2|
|Divorce*||before 1980||Freddy Darrel Broner and Edna Claire Mabey were divorced before 1980.3|
|Death*||4 March 2006||Freddy Darrel Broner died on 4 March 2006 at Kimberley, Twin Falls County, Idaho, at age 67.1|
|Edna Claire Mabey b. 8 Jun 1935, d. 24 Jun 2011|
Ruth E. Lyons1
F, #34889, b. 19 January 1913, d. 19 August 1961
|Married Name||Her married name was Baker.2|
|Married Name||Her married name was Maybee.1|
|Birth*||19 January 1913||Ruth E. Lyons was born on 19 January 1913 at Maroa, Macon County, Illinois, daughter of Ronald L. Lyons and Mary E. Redman.1,3|
|Marriage*||4 August 1952||She married Joe Thomas Maybee, son of Fred Caniff Maybee and Winnie C. Dickens, on 4 August 1952 at Contra Costa County, California.2|
|Anecdote*||17 October 1953||Ruth E Maybee, 40, of Yelm Washington, born in Maroa, Illinois, departed from Seattle, Washington on the USNS General Simon B Buckner, on 17 Oct 1953, bound for Yokohama, Japan.4|
|Anecdote*||27 May 1956||Winnie C. Maybee, born McAllen, Texas; Ruth E. Maybee, born Maroa, Illinois; and Joe T. Maybee, Jr, born Tokyo, Japan, departed on the USS General J C Breckinridge (T-AP 176) from Yokohaha, Japan, and arrived at the port of San Francisco on 27 May 1956.5|
|Residence*||1957||Ruth E. Lyons and Joe Thomas Maybee lived in 1957 at 44 Devers, Fayetteville, North Carolina.6|
|Death*||19 August 1961||Ruth E. Lyons died on 19 August 1961 at age 48.7|
|Burial*||She was buried at Terrace Heights Memorial Park, Yakima City, Yakima County, Washington.7,8|
|Joe Thomas Maybee b. 17 Dec 1922, d. 10 Nov 1980|
- [S304] 1920 United States Census, online ancestry.com, Maroa, Macon, Illinois; Roll: T625_385; Page: 12A; ED: 157; Image: 397.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, California, Marriage Index, 1949-1959.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Washington, D.C., Passenger and Crew Lists, 1942-1962.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Seattle and Tacoma, Washington, Passenger and Crew Lists of Airplane Departures, 1947-1957.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, California, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1882-1957.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989, Fayetteville, North Carolina, City Directory, 1957.
- [S1] Ancestry.com, Member johnpearce194, Mar 02, 2019.
- [S382] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/, Memorial ID 190350720.